.

Friday, December 02, 2005

The Great Liquid Liner Debocle



I don't know what got into me. It's not like it looks like it could be that hard, liquid eyeliner, that is. I decided to trade in my traditional Clinique crayon eyeliner for this newfangled, retro, liquid eyeliner, and I'm not sure why. Maybe it was it's appeal and promise of a look much like Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's, or the ease and grace at which the cosmetic lady applied it to my lid, but when I went to put it on this morning the results were more like Courtney Love twelve cocktails deep at the VMA's.
Whatever, I guess I'll just have to practice and hope that things turn out better next time. Wish me luck.

6 comments:

Minnesota Nice said...

Actually you did a good pretty job of putting it on, I can never control that little paintbrush that well.

Anonymous said...

i do my eye make up to look like a rocker the morning after cuz i like it that way i cake it on and smudge it around.

Paul G said...

On the contrary... Courtney Love's eye would be visibly bloodshot from 30 feet away.
Your beautiful eye, on the other hand, is gorgeous even at 4 inches away!!
Get thee at once to the cosmetics counter and buy a case of that newfangled stuff!

(or am I just a typical guy: feeling lucky and aroused to even be within 3 feet of a woman's face?!)

Miss_Vicki said...

not on my most confident day would I try that - it would go so very wrong :)

Dani said...

Last time I tried to use that stuff, I jammed it right into my eyeball... it stings... a LOT!

Darcey said...

I love me some liquid eyeliner. I've been using it since I was about 16, when I started working with the drama program at my high school. Yes, it takes some practice, but once you master the itty-bitty-so-thin-you-don't-realize-its-makeup line on your eyelid, you're good to go. :)